Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sowing seeds...

It's kinda funny, in a sad kinda way that my blog is kinda sappy, perhaps it should be called e-motions instead of e-griot. I'm really not that sad a person, actually I smile a lot and have a fun quirky side, you should see for yourself. Anywho, last night at the gym, one of my friends we call "Pastor Rick" came up to me and a friend, saying that we needn't stay away from the gym as long as we did, we needed to keep health at the forefront of our lives with the other things that are important. Just as soon as my friend fixed her lips to start giving excuses as to why she had been absent, he told us about moving while you're going through, in other words not letting your entire life revolve around your woes. He also gave us a word about sowing into the areas in life one is most desperate in. He said that he gave away his last $40 when he needed money, when he feels lonely he calls someone else to let them know they were on his mind, when his wife wrecked his car, he got hers fixed> I know this seems like the opposite of what you should do, those things actually gave way to the things he'd lacked. He now has abundance in wealth, people in his life, and has a new car etc...Well I've got to go but i'll leave you with my thought for the day.

"When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left. The Bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with us. (1 John 2:19) People leave you because they are not joined to you and if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay." -TD Jakes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHOA!!!! great post toy, got me to thinking about the thing that are important to me and how I live my life. Hummmmmmmmm. Very interesting lady.