Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Learn to Love

I want to retract my demand
that you leave
but I want you to Love me
in the way that my Daddy told me you should
or love me in a way that I love you
and that is beyond belief and expression
more than I should
I wonder how you were taught to
love a woman
was it your mother loving your father?
Did the music you bop and sway to
influence your mode of expression?
I know life's hard knocks can teach you
and mold you in a way that lessons can't
but I hope you read the word
that tells you how
so that you can breathe new life into
a relationship gone stale
and if you haven't figured it out
or if you have a fleeting heart
then go, I stand firm on my decision
telling you to get the hell out
of my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.