Thursday, July 12, 2007

The sermon

So I went to Bible Study last night and the word was on wisdom. I promise it seems like he knew what I was going through. Se i'm an overthinker, I think all things have logical exlanation, even when I am being tested. After my breakup I began to blame myself and started to wonder why he began to "reject" me, why I was no longer good enough for him. I thought it was because I wasn't thin enough, outgoing enough, neat enough, didn't have enough money, didn't have his kids etc, maybe I shouldn't have wondered where he was at 2, 3, and 4 o'clock in the morning, maybe I shouldn't have been upset when he came home drunk after driving my new truck as long as it wasnt wrecked, I shouldn't have asked him here he was when he didn't come home and eat the dinner he asked me to make, maybe I should have adapted to his new illegal lifestyle without any complaints. It sounds absurd huh? But as the Pastor pointed out, we will drive ourselves crazy when we try to figure out why we go through what we go through, as illustrated in the book of Job. I was thinking absurd things that I didn't even believe in my right mind, I mean thinking things that were contradictory to the reason I put him out in the first place. I prayed for the strenghth to let him go if he's not the right person for me. I got what I asked for, I reached a point where I understood the relationship wasn't working and let it go. So my lesson is stop tring to rely on human intellect and stop trying to figure out why and pray for wisdom which comes from reading the word and fellowshipping with other Christians. He taught us that God still has the throne and we should pray with all due faith that the Lord has a plan for our lives that we have limited power over.


On a lighter note, my personal trainer is trying to kill me.
I thought he hated me in the beginning, but the workouts are getting a little better but he keeps stepping it up each time I think I'm getting used to the workout, this is crazy!!!!!!!!!

No comments: