Friday, October 10, 2008

A better auntie

I love my nephew. I've gotta admit, I haven't been the best auntie...But this weekend, I missed him, I wanted to go pick him up and keep him for awhile. Going to get him would have made my sister happy because I don't take him places often. I want her to understand it has nothing to do with my nephew personally but not having children or a husband makes me a little selfish with my time and space. I'm alone most of the time, so much so that I have finally assimilated and grown comfortable living inside myself if that makes any sense. I'm on the go a lot, and I rarely stay at home, so getting my nephew means being at home or finding activities, the whole idea intimidates me a bit but I think i'm finally over it. I want for him to visit as much as possible, he's my only nephew and I Love him. I know this post makes me sound like a jerk but i'm new at this, so cut me a little slack, i'm getting better.

No comments: