Sunday, October 19, 2008

A sobering moment for me...

Ok so I just went to a friend's blog and stumbled across this you tube clip of something that strikes a chord in me. I can't say that i'm surprised though. I'm surprised that people were so vocal with their bigotry but not by what they're saying. Now, I live in Ohio and these people look and sound just like the people I see everyday. Whether people wanna admit it or not, people are voting race this time around. Now I don't want to generalize, what I said was a bit over-reaching but but lets be real, some will vote for Barack to see a black man in office and others will vote for McCain becase they'll never vote for a black man in office. I know some people on both sides of the fence, but it does hurt a lil' to know that the country I live in is still divided by race. A few of my co-workers were Clinton supporters that refuse to vote for Obama, one cited that until he gets his ears pinned back that she isn't voting for him, and often refers to him as "Curious George" and I know then it has nothing to do with policies, platforms, partisanship, issues, party affiliation etc...I just smile and nod, I don't talk politics with whites, and I don't often wear my Obama buttons, and definitely don't do the bumper sticker thing because to me, it's personal and people are angry and I think it's not your political affiliation but who you're voting for that tags you and people automatically think if you vote for Obama while black means you're trying to help the movement to de-throne whites from the top of the proverbial race hierarchy in which they rule and we are the serfs. I know I take things a bit far but I just don't want any snide looks or any crazies keying my car because of who i'm supporting this time around. Anywho, i'm ranting, take a look for yourself.

No comments: