Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rambling...And a question at the end

This is a random post...I probably shouldn't do this because whatever i'm about to say is uninspired/irrelevant like the fact that I just realized what Flo-rida says in his song "Low". He sings about a girl wearing "...apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur, the whole club was looking at her" and you know how life kinda imitates art?? Well I just saw a lady walking about of my office that must have taken that song quite literally...She looked like a Yeti, not everyone can do that. She was about 150 lbs past the boots with the fur limit (they were white and went halfway up her calf with long chunks of fur swinging from the top), and as a member of team chunk, I ain't really hatin' but then again I know my big girl limits, and yes there are plenty. Um, where shall I start?
1) When you go get fast food, and can't wait to get home to eat it, sit the whopper down next to you at the traffic light to avoid the stop and stare from the car next to you.
2) It is illegal to wear shoe boots with short dresses/skirts if the circumfrence of your calf is greater than most people's waist or if anyone's ever called you "tree trunk ankles" also lay off the Gladiator sandals (they weren't made with you in mind)
3) You should never wear the following garments if you are medically eligible to get the gastric bypass surgery paid by your insurance: midriffs, spaghetti strap tank tops, two piece bikini's, thigh boots, fishnet pantyhose, stilettos (if you are flat footed or if your foot is on lean)stay away from brands like baby phat or apple bottoms, and stores like "forever 21" they don't have anything in your size and no you cannot pull it off. Remember, just because you can fit it doesn't mean you should wear it.
4)Paris Hilton once hated on Kim K. by saying her thighs look like trash bags filed with cottage cheese, if that's you, we don't wanna see you wearing booty shorts or mini skirts...
Other than that do you...Big women have swag too.
In other news, I just wanted everyone to know that I have "Family Video" account, and yes that's a big deal because I have a delinquency from about 8 years ago, that remains unsettled. Anywho, I've rented a few movies, and haven't been impressed. I mean, maybe i'm picking less than stellar movies but man... I've got a healthy sense of humor, so I decided to get a few comedies, like "Tropic Thunder" and um, I've got to say I couldn't watch the move all the way through, it sucked baad. I heard there was some controversy regarding Robert Downey Jr's character in blackface, I wasn't offended, just wasn't funny. The best parts were on the trailer for the movie, maybe I shoulda hung in there but it was just a bad movie and who am I to wait for it to get better? Step Brothers was pretty funny...Will Ferrell is some kinda stoopid, I dig...Then there was my need for drama (no pun intended) so I rented Righteous Kill with Robert Deniro and Al Pacino, hell i'd watch anything with these guys in it...and it was a tad underwhelming, the plot wasn't complex, in fact a tad predictable, it was just okay, I expected so much more. So I went back to rent more movies, and was at a loss as to what's good. Anyone know of any really good recent movies that are on DVD? The only kinda movies I dont watch are of the scary persuasion (and naw, I ain't scared...well maybe a tad-but I ain't no punk)I even did a google search for the best movies and kept coming up with movies like "Titanic" I even dig indie films and documentaries. Let me know, what's your fave move and what should I rent next?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you can get with sadism, go with The Secretary. Maggie Gyllenhaal's character is "surprising". The next recommendation would have to be Palindromes - that was excellent. If you can stomach movies where the entire story is no action but a series of conversations, go with Mutual Appreciation (you know I love those sorts of flicks.) My three favorites these days are old but worth finding 1. Lost in Translation (that's five stars, buddy! I love Bill Murray!There's a part where he and Scarlett are in bed together and he grabs her foot - jeez my heart melted for real. *It actually melts now in retrospect*) 2. Rushmore (I cracked up! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard) and 3. Dirty Dancing (But you already know that I love this movie.) Sidebar: If you take any of these recommendations under consideration, don't however, plan on watching any of these movies with anyone whose sense of humor isn't offbeat - or can't tolerate slow building action. It just wouldn't go well.

passiveaggressiva said...

Thanks, i'm gonna see if they have them at Family video...Last night I watched a movie with Ellen Page from Juno called "The Tracy Fragments" and it was a different experience, I think you would have liked it, however it was a tad depressing. The story jumped all over the place, some of it was real, some not, but you figure out which is which, it was a monologue with fragments (pun intended i'm sure) of the protagonist's story. Most of all there was no resolution and I know you dig movies like that. The part that was hard to get used to was the cinematography was strange, there was not a full screen shot in the entire film, you literally saw fragments, or little boxes with parts of the story pop up simultaneously throughout the entire film. The film was by a canadian, not that that has anything to do with it but, um maybe you should "netflix" it