Monday, January 12, 2009

No more free rides

No free rides.

Still a little lethargic I guess, I hate feeling grumpy in the mornings. I have to see people face to face as soon as my day starts, dry is no better than grumpy and today, everyone is getting the very dry “how can I help you” no extras, not convo, no frills…Just straight to the point and good day to you. I didn’t get enough sleep this weekend, had to chauffer a few folk around, it all started with my little sister, who decided to get micro-braids, well this common coif will set you back about $200 it usually leads to hair breaking off and takes hours to get the mout, and it takes 3 africans 8hours to complete. So my sister told me she’ll be done at 2:00am, at 2 she said it’ll be another hour and finally she calls me at 3:30am asking me to pick her up and I don’t know if you know anything about Ohio Winters but it’s not sleeting outside, a mess black ice and freezing rain. I get in my Truck that mind you has FWD, what kind of mess is that, how do you not even equip a SUV with 4 wheel drive??? So my new Durango, all shiny and cute is a dud sliding around like everyone else. It’s embarrassing, I don’t usually tell people I only have 2wd, I just act like I can drive BIG BOY in the snow like most people with trucks/SUV’s anywho… At 4:00am in the morning, my sister comes out the shop looking surprised and sleepy at the same time, her head hurts and so does her butt. That’s incident one, no sleep Friday night, had to pick my sister up from the African Head Shop pro bono, for free. Next morning my sister calls asking me to take her son to the hospital, that isn’t just a ride to the hospital, I had to pic my older sis up one direction double back, pick up my nephew from his granny’s, take her to McDonald’s, then to the hospital, now she assures me she had a ride back, I told her that I couldn’t wait or pick her back up…So what happens after I leave church, she calls me to pick her up, take her to the grocery, to Lee’s Famous Recipe, and then home…She did pay, but this time it was about time, I just didn’t feel like getting out, but I had to (or did I?) So then another friend of the fam calls me at 9:00pm Sunday for a ride, I’m a little perturbed at incident 4 because this time it’s snowing, I didn’t realize how bad the roads were, I get out and it’s a mess, no salt trucks had been out, I saw 3 highway accidents and I’m pissed cause my good fwd having car is just slip sliding at every stop and go, I pick him up and he’s not ready…You could see the steam from my head…I’m risking getting in an accident or getting a ticket from the stoplight camera to pick someone up. Now Dayton has a transit, it’s called the RTA…What gives man? I know what it’s like to need a ride, but i’m about to put my foot down, no more free rides. Gas is too high, I know it’s down from last year but $5 ain’t enough and what can be given to compensate me for my time? I hate to sound like a jerk but lately, people have been calling me more and more, and I was very limited as to who I could all for a ride when needed. 2009 just ain’t the year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're funny. But it's a sad kind of funny.

Anonymous said...

Well, you gotta stop answering the phone. That's where your major problem starts. People are always going to ask you for shit, it's what they do. But, you have to realize it is important for you to chill out as well. That's what the fucking weekend is for. Well, that and sex and drugs, but whatever :) I'm kidding, mostly. But, on the real, benevolent acts never go unnoticed. Even if it is a fellow human, like myself, telling you that it is appreciated. Fret not; good deeds will always be returned. So, smile, and rest assured knowing that the repayment for selflessness will be beyond your wildest imagination. Have a good one!

Drewzee

Anonymous said...

In a perverted voice..."Hey, Jzarah77 (bats eyelashes), I'm the Drewzee" :)